Oil and Gas
Offshore oil and gas exploration and production are pushing into deeper frontier waters, often in remote and hostile environments. There are also challenges in the effective recovery of oil and gas from identified reserves, as well as decommissioning the vast number of structures which are nearing the end of their life. Consequently, the risk and cost of offshore operations are steadily increasing.
Such limitations are driving opportunities for oil and gas companies to invest in innovative, cost-reducing technologies to enhance operational efficiency. By accessing external funding opportunities and joint-industry funding, your company could benefit from responsive and flexible innovations to drive down operational costs, maximise existing investments, access and share innovation expertise, and respond to government fiscal and environmental regulations.
NOC scientific and technological capabilities that can aid the hydrocarbons industry include:
- Marine environment and route characterisation
- Monitoring of infrastructure and seafloor/subsurface mapping
- Fluid flow detection and characterisation
- Deep-water geohazard assessment
- MetOcean modelling for offshore installations, integrity analysis and shipping forecasts.