With a rich heritage of tidal prediction stretching back nearly 100 years the National Oceanography Centre (NOC) are world leaders in tidal prediction software.
The harmonic method of tidal prediction, widely used throughout the world, was developed here over 75 years ago and our software has been ensuring that accurate tidal predictions are available to customers around the globe for more than 30 years.
Polpred is our global offshore-based tidal computation and visualisation software. It is used across a range of industries where knowledge of offshore tides and currents can aid in the planning and execution of operations. It is highly cost-effective and has become the industry standard for many offshore contractors enabling them to calculate accurate tidal levels and currents and to view output in a variety of ways (e.g., time series graphs, contour and vector maps, scatter plots, tidal diamonds, etc.)
Key Features of Polpred:
- Available both for Microsoft Windows or for Cloud (Web browser access)
- Simple interface
- Numerical output
- Easy export into other software, e.g. Excel
- Time series plots
- Map showing tidal elevation
- Map showing tidal current vectors
- Current ellipses
- Frequency distributions
- Multiple particle tracking with diffusion
- Tidal diamond output
- Comparison with observed data records from the British Oceanographic Data Centre
- Easily change output preferences
- User defined data layers
- Batch mode processing (dialog box)
Interested in learning more? Fill out the form below to find out how Polpred can help you and book a short software demonstration.